It’s been a busy fall for the Combient Foundry team: We have prepared new business opportunities with Stora Enso, Fazer and KONE, and pilots with eight top-tier startups are currently moving forward. We have also organised the leading industrial gathering, The Next 100, at Slush Helsinki, with six of our member companies. Currently, before we go off for holidays, we are busy preparing for next year’s opportunities — if your are a startup, stay tuned for our announcements for a chance to acquire an industry leader as your client. However, one of the most important initiatives for the remaining of 2019 is to find a new member to our tightly-knit team. For a chance to join our amazing team, please read below some thoughts of what we are looking for, and get in touch ASAP!
We are looking for a Business Developer to join our growing Combient Foundry team. This position will be located in either Helsinki, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden. We expect you to be able to travel particularly between Finland and Sweden. We are open to full-time positions, either as fixed or permanent term contract.
Combient is a strategic unit for 30 leading Nordic enterprises. Together the firms generate over $150B in annual revenue and employ 600,000+ people worldwide. At Combient, we identify and drive business transformation initiatives in close collaboration with Combient companies.
Combient Foundry brings together leading industrial companies, the most innovative technology startups, and in-depth industry expertise to co-create financially sound new services and solutions and to form long-term business partnerships. We have launched 40+ commercial partnerships between world-class startups and Combient Foundry companies; KONE, Stora Enso, Scania, Husqvarna Group, Epiroc, and Fazer.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
The specific focus will be based on your profile and interest.
- Identifying and shaping business development cases for scalable MVP projects with the Combient Foundry companies.
- Analyzing and managing startup deal flow according to the companies’ tactical and strategic needs.
- Facilitating interaction between Combient companies, startups, and third parties.
- Identifying and solving challenges that prevent successful delivery of MVP projects and working to enable organization-wide scalability.
- Analyzing and communicating the MVP project results within the Combient network and startup ecosystem.
- Developing and leveraging startup ecosystem relationships and channels to identify high-quality startups globally.
- Rotation opportunities in the Combient Foundry companies.
To succeed in the role, you should have the following skills, interests, and background:
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills combined with an entrepreneurial, data-driven and analytical mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn fast and to plan and execute in an uncertain environment without top-down guidance.
- Profound interest in finding new ways to develop businesses in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience within strategy consulting, corporate strategy, VC, or globally recognized startups.
- Excellent skills in English, proficiency in Finnish or Swedish is a plus.
- Have a master’s degree or are close to graduating with a master’s degree in e.g. industrial engineering, finance, information networks, or similar field.
At Combient you will:
- Work with Combient’s highly skilled and senior international team of data scientists, executives, and experts in Sweden and Finland.
- Work with executives of Combient companies, global industry-leaders, and founders of late-stage industrial startups.
- Gain a deep understanding of future scenarios in several industries.
Please get in touch with Lauri Lehtovuori, firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by December 17th.
Act fast! We will fill the position as we find the right candidate.