Light Transmission Leather with Autoliv
- This opportunity is seeking for light transmission leather which can be used in steering wheels and airbag covers. Developing light transmission leather to meet performance requirements of the steering wheel is a big challenge: strength, durability, odor, TVOC, abrasion resistance are all factors to be takin into account. Also, considering requirements for leather wrapping process, appearance, touch feeling etc. are also needed. Sustainable and green solution should be considered as well.
- As the world‘s largest auto market, the car user group of the China auto market has changed. The young generation who were born after 1990 have already become the main end users for cars. They regard the vehicle as the third living space and put forward higher demands on the comfortability and function of the car. They prefer the sense of high technology and customization interior design style. The application of light transmission leather for steering wheel will be a trend in the future.
- Lighting in the picture is one application scenario. In the future, greeting messages or the user’s name can also be shown in different scenarios according to OEM and consumer needs.
- If any new lighting technology with new or existing leather can achieve a similar function, we can also consider that.
- Leading the first application of light transmission leather on steering wheel is our target. We are going to integrate electronic technology and light transmission leather to fuse technology and design. The technical ability to develop light transmission leather must meet the performance requirements of the steering wheel module.
Your Opportunity with Autoliv
- Startups are invited to jointly develop solutions with global top safety supplier Autoliv.
- Autoliv will support the leather development for the steering wheel module. Our steering wheel experts will offer their support in the partnership. Longterm cooperation may and will be discussed upon initial promising results from the partnership.
- Startups have the opportunity to become a strategic leather supplier for Autoliv.
Examples of solutions we’re interested in
Steering Wheel Specifications
Solutions need to comply with ALV steering wheel specification, including aging resistance, wear resistance, chemical resistance, VOC, odor etc.
APPEARANCE & MANUFACTURABILITY
Solutions need to meet the OEM’s design and tactile requirements, and be compatible with their steering wheel manufacturing process.
LIGHT TRANSMISSION PROPERTIES
Light transmission leather need to meet luminance specifications for symbol or display at a range of temperatures in day and night lighting conditions. We also consider other innovative lighting solution which can achieve the same function.
This opportunity is no longer accepting submissions
Check out any potential